AF-DUO-HRegular price $212.00 USD Sale price $175.00 USD Save 17%
The AirFlo Duo is a great value, ultra-compact and lightweight dual-suspension 4th axis stabilizers to make your bumpy gimbal footage buttery smooth.
We've taken out the 'fluff' and added all the best bits from our popular stabilizers and distilled it down into this new ultra-compact and lightweight 4th axis or z-axis stabilizer - and it's also one of the best 'bang for your buck' 4th axis stabilizer on the market!
The AirFlo Duo comes standard with the base mount 1/4-20 which works with the majority of 3 axis gimbals on the market. The gimbal mount on the Duo is modular and you can add one of the other optional gimbal mounts from the Glider Pro 3 range such as for the following handheld gimbals:- Ronin S2, SC2, S & SC, Zhiyun Crane 2, 2S, Weebill S, Crane 3, Smooth 4, Moza Air 2 / AirCross 2, Feiyu's and the list goes on!
Bundles on Special
|Comparing the AirFlo Duo to the AirFlo M Duo|
|AirFlo Duo||AirFlo M Duo|
|Mounts||Modular - comes with Base Mount 1/4-20 but can take others||Base Mount 1/4-20 only|
|Springs||1 set||3 sets|
|User Changed Springs||No||Yes|
|Payload Range||Only one of the following Springs||All 3 Springs included|
|Light||450g to 1.0kg (1 - 2.2pounds)||600g to 1.1kg (1.3 - 2.4 pounds)|
|Medium||850g - 2.5kg (1.9 - 5.5pounds)||1.1kg - 1.7kg (2.4 - 4 pounds)|
|Heavy||2.6kg - 4.2kg (5.7 - 9pounds)||1.7kg - 3kg (4 - 6.6 pounds)|
We're incredibly proud of this design!
The design goals were to reduce the weight and bulk by over half while still achieving great smoothing from the softest all the way to the craziest filming movements.
- Its packed size is one quarter the size of the Pro 2 and a half that of the Pro 3
- It's more than half the weight of the Pro 3
- We redesigned the bounce damping into a compact form using PTFE to give 'fluid-like' damping without the bulk and the expense.
- We added stainless steel bearings to make it glide even softer.
- We made it strong but light with specialised internal strengthening
- This is our most refined geometry - all payloads give silky smooth iso-elastic suspension.
- The handles lean ever so slightly forward - This prevents rigs from wobbling forward and aft which can translate into unwanted vertical bouncing.
- NEW! Handles now come with 1/4-20 attachment points for monitors and audio.
With practice using the AirFlo Duo you’ll be able to achieve footage that is at least 15% smoother than the Pro 2 model and almost as smooth as our Glider Pro 3 models in a much lighter rig. Once you master it you can even achieve footage that looks like it’s shot on rails! We have a comprehensive user guide to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
An Ultra-Compact Powerhouse
I think the huge plus for me is that I can take everything I need for a shoot; lights, audio recorder, etc. and it all fits in a backpack so there’s no need for an assistant. But the real biggie is that you’ll be hard-pressed to see the difference between footage shot on the new AirFlo Duo rig and the footage shot on a system totalling many thousands.
Some other important features;-
- It’s built extra tough for the rigours of day to day use
- It allows you to use your gimbals mini tripod so you can rest your arms between takes
- It fits all the gimbal mounts from the Glider Pro 3 range
- It’s been designed to be quiet so your audio won’t be ruined by the creaks and squeaks that those cheap Z stabilizers have.
- Folds down to an ultra-compact size for those times when backpack space is tight!
- You can leave the tools at home with virtually tool-less adjustments in only seconds, not minutes
- A wide range of payloads
- Dual independent adjustable damping - from hard action to soft shots
- Dual independent load adjusters to adapt to your rig
- Adjust in seconds from high shot to upright to mid-height to low (briefcase) mode with an under-slung gimbal
- Get buttery smooth footage with ease
- Built super tough from lightweight engineering polymers - Only 0.7kg (1.6 pounds)
- NEW! Handles now come with 1/4-20 attachment points for monitors and audio
- Comes almost fully assembled
Gimbal Compatibility with Optional Mounts
All adaptors can be inverted in seconds for an under-slung gimbal position.
Here's a list of the different size mounts and what gimbals they fit. Additional gimbal adaptors can be purchased separately.
|Adaptor - suits circular handles sized:-||Gimbals|
|Small 24mm to 28mm (15/16" - 1 1/8")||Feiyu MG V2|
|Medium 32mm to 36mm (1-1/4" - 1-7/16")||Crane Plus, V2, V1, M, Moza Air and many more|
|Large 36mm to 42mm (1-3/8" - 1-5/8")||Feiyu AK2000/AK4000, GoPro Karma|
|X Large 42mm to 48mm (1-5/8" - 1 7/8")||Crane 2, Ikan Pivot, Ikan DS2-A, Axler WISP-20M|
|Non-Circular Handle Gimbals|
|Moza Air 2|
|DJI Ronin S2, SC2|
|DJI Ronin S & SC|
|Base Mount with single 1/4-20 screw - suits most handheld gimbals|
|Base Mount with single 3/8" screw|
The AirFlo Duo 4th axis stabilizer has a choice of 3 different springs - Light, Medium & Heavy.
There is overlap between the 3 springs so you may have two springs that will work with your payload. In that case, always choose the spring that is the heavier of the two options as this will provide the best smoothing for your payload.
The payload weight is worked out by adding all your equipment that is mounted to the 4th axis stabilizer (i.e. camera, gimbal, follow focus servo, etc).
Recommended payloads for best smoothing
450g to 1.0kg (1 - 2.2pounds)
850g - 2.5kg (1.9 - 5.5pounds)
2.6kg - 4.2kg (5.7 - 9pounds)
Smartphone, action cam,
compact camera, light mirrorless
Mirrorless and DSLR
Working payloads (Min to Max)
400g to 1.3kg (0.9 - 2.9pounds)
800g - 3.2kg (1.8 - 7 pounds)
2.2kg - 6.6kg (4.8 - 12pounds)
Guides & Downloads
What's in the Box?
- Mostly assembled AirFlo Duo Stabilizer
- Socket and 3 x Allen keys for adjustments and spring changes
- Detailed Instruction Manual
- The Ronin M and MX require you to have the SmallRig adaptor plate that can be found here at Amazon or at SmallRig.
|Weight - excluding extras||0.99kg (2.2 pounds)|
Operating Temperature Range
|-18C to 50C (0F-120F)|