Osmo Pocket Micro 4th Axis in Case
OPM4A-CSRegular price $79.00 USD Sale price $59.00 USD Save $20.00 USD
Osmo Pocket Micro 4th Axis or Z Axis in Case
Smooth out your bumpy Osmo Pocket footage with a pocket-able Z Axis specifically designed with an adjustable custom load spring made just for the Pocket. Combining the adjustable load spring with the adjustable bounce damping allows you to fine tune your Pocket Rig to perfection!
Review by top YouTube reviewer Air Photography:
We all know what an amazing piece of kit the Osmo Pocket is - and it all fits easily in a pocket with space for more!
But this extreme lightness is actually its 'Achilles Heel'!
With virtually no weight there's none of the typical resistance that assists us in keeping our arm steady. Take a look around at YouTube reviews of the Pocket and as soon as the reviewer starts walking you'll see the characteristic bobbing motion.
We've got plenty of experience making 4th Axis or Z Axis stabilizers for bigger rigs so we knew we could come up with a great solution that not only worked great but was also still pocket-able. After over 20 prototypes we've been able to craft a solution that exceeded all our expectations and we're so excited to share it with you!
We are the innovators
Common Z Axis stabilizers have a problem. When speeding up or slowing down those Z axes can bounce uncontrollably making parts of the footage unusable. Back when we started there were no handheld Z Axis stabilizers with bounce damping and as such they had a bad rep among the pros. That's when we designed our proprietary fluid damping system that gave us the edge in effective smoothing.
All our stabilizers (even including our Pocket Micro) have adjustable bounce damping built in. This takes a little longer to get used to than spring only stabilizers but once you get the hang of things you'll find the results are far superior.
Getting Started Guide
We've packed so much into this little guy - here's some more great features:-
- The case is strong and tough - If you take a tumble with it in your pocket your Osmo will be safe and sound!
- All contact zones are lined to softly hold your Osmo Pocket and not scratch or wear on your OP's surface like hard plastic can.
- It has a brass 1/4-20 attachment point for mounting to a tripod, monopod or even to attach gear like audio or micro lighting or even a battery pack!
- Fits multi-port accessories and can be charged while in the mount.
- There's a sound pipe so that the bottom microphone will still work while in the mount.
- The allen key for adjusting the spring and damping is stored conveniently in the case.
- Why not put your Pocket Micro 4th Axis on the end of a Mono-pod for those faux crane shots or to discreetly get above the crowd in a show!
Not sure whether you want the Case or the Handle version?
The Case version gives you the most compact form factor together with the added protection of the case. The case is not as easy to hold as the handle but we've used it a lot without any trouble.
The Handle Version is more comfortable to hold and due to its articulated handle and an additional 1/4-20 mount it gives you more holding / rigging options for creative shots. You'd still need to have your Osmo in its case so it takes up more overall pocket space.
|Weight||4 Ounces (160 grams)|
|Operating Temperatures||-50C to 50C (-24F-120F)|